Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hifi dreams

I have my beloved Sennheiser HD 650 (before the HD 800 came they were the reference headphone of Hifi & Musik). I have a Musical Fidelity X-CAN V3, that goes perfectly with the Sennheiser headphones. And since the successful buy of the lovely Bose headphones the other day, I have RCA connectors to the headphone amplifier as well. CD is so 90:s, and tape recorder so 80:s and huge ass amplifiers and loudspeakers are just so uncoath, so let's skip that and look into the future. :)

Since most of the music these days is stored digitally, but still enjoyed analog, a good DAC is a must. The Lead LA-100 was haled by Hifi & Musik and many agree that for the relatively small price tag, this is hard to beat. Then again, there are a lot more DAC:s, like the Style Audio Carat-Saphire, but it's quite ugly and might have some technical issues. A more tempting option is the Furutech GT-40, a very price-efficient solution with its built-in RIAA stage and headphone amplifier. This is probably the best solution for ripping LP:s, but then again... I don't like having many functions in one box, it limit's you. So, for now the Lead is the shit, and if I ever can afford the Rega P3 (or an LP12!) then I will deal with the RIAA at that stage.

Another thing I saw in Hifi & Musik was the DLS Flatbox Large loudspeakers. Again, much appreciated by Hifi & Musik, a really good option in my future surround sound system, for the back loudspeakers. But for the moment they would replace my shitty front speakers. Well, actually my only loudspeakers. I did say future surround sound system... ;)

No comments: