Thursday, May 4, 2017

Small changes to make the world a better place

Slowly recovering from my life as a monk in Berlin I have thought about the state of the world. It is grim but I am positive that all will be good. Not without work, though! Sitting on our fat arses letting money take over the world is the road to disaster we've been on for a few decades now. We need to wake up!

It doesn't have to be any hard work for you, either. No revolutions (watch Mr Robot to understand that) but rather I advocate small changes, continous improvement, or kaizen as the Japanese say. But what can you do? Well, I'll tell you what I'm doing and maybe it can inspire you to act as well.

  • I'm leaving Facebook.
  • I'm leaving Google. (Still need to find another place to put my blogs and find another map service.)
  • I've left the stock market. (I sold my last shares today and have placed my pension funds in "classical funds" that yield a yearly interest rate.)
  • I only buy organic food.
  • I have no debt (except my student loans which are cheap, backed by the government).
  • I buy quality, not quantity.
  • Instead of trying to earn as much as possible I'm trying to spend as little as possible.
  • I practise qi gong. This makes me more alert and see things I'd otherwise would not. I also get healthier and stronger, physically and mentally.

No comments: